2015-2016 San Diego Sockers Player Bio Kraig Chiles
3 TIME PASL MVP (2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2012-2013)
- Kraig Chiles is the established top scorer in the game of indoor soccer and a force to be reckoned with in the Major Arena Soccer League.
- During his five seasons in the Professional Arena Soccer League (PASL), Chiles led the league in goals (201) and points (275), while winning three League MVP awards, two Playoff MVP awards, three goals titles and two points titles.
- Chiles enters the 2015-2016 season with 246 career goals. Just eight away from the all-time record for most goals by a Sockers player, held by Juli Veee with 254.
- Chiles led the Sockers attack once again in 2014-2015, finishing third in the MASL in scoring with 45 goals and 17 assists in 19 appearances to record his fourth straight 60+ point season.
- The San Diego State alumn was selected to the 2014-2015 All-League First Team in the MASL and helped lead the United States to the 2015 WMF World Cup title.
- Despite dealing with knee issues at the start of 2013-14 and an Achilles’ injury at the end, Chiles still finished with his third straight 60-plus point season, finishing with 38 goals and 22 assists (60 points) in 16 games. His six game-winning goals led the league.
- In 2012-2013 Chiles set new PASL regular season records for goals (56) and points (72), and finished eleventh in assists (16)…his regular season points total was 15 higher than second place (Enrique Tovar, 57) and his goal total was 18 higher than second place (Nestor Hernandez, 38)…led the league with eight power play goals and six game-winning goals.
- Led the Sockers and all players in 2013 playoff scoring with 14 goals (16 points) in four games.
- Increased his goal (28-33-46-56) total in each of his first four seasons with the Sockers.
- Kraig is the starting forward for the U.S. Futsal National Team and has eleven international goals.
- Earned his second selection as a starting forward for the U.S. Futsal National Team during the 2012 CONCACAF Futsal Championship in Guatemala…scored a goal in Team USA’ 5-2 loss to Panama in the tournament opener…scored the game-winning goal in the United States’ 3-2 win over Canada…also started Team USA’s 2-1 elimination loss to host Guatemala.
- Graduate of Poway High and San Diego State University…started 59 straight games at SDSU, tallied 22 goals in three seasons from 2006-2008…a first-team All Pac-10 honoree his senior season.
- Chiles, 31, recently enjoyed his two-year wedding anniversary with wife Stacy. Their daughter Peyton will soon be one and twins are on the way in 2015.
KRAIG CHILES SOCKERS STATISTICS