Sockers "In The Community" Impact Report
The Sockers are committed to providing San Diego with a spirit of charity, humanitarianism, and participation in activities that have a positive impact and enhance the community. We pledge our resources to help like-minded non-profits, charities, and the military to fill the needs of many through the support of education and recreation programs, appearances and sports clinics by players and coaches; donations of merchandise and tickets, and the gift of service by our employees.to support underserved communities. The Sockers Care program supports non-profit and healthcare organization initiatives in the community.
During the 2017-18 season, the Sockers...
- Raised over $2,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society by hosting our Charity Golf Tournament
- Helped the San Diego Council on Literacy collect nearly 1,000 books for underserved families
- Held a San Diego Blood Bank Drive to help 450 people in need of blood
- Visited schools, hospitals, and youth groups to discuss our education and recreation initiatives
- Attended and participated in fundraising events to raise much-needed monies for various charities
- Collected 250 pieces of clothing for the Mighty 1090 Holiday Clothes Drive
- Held a soccer clinic, soccer ball, swag, and tickets for children who lost a parent serving in the military
- Provided tickets and baskets to over 50 charities for their special events or auctions
- Teamed up with the San Diego Parks on their fitness initiatives
- Provided youth groups with free tickets through our Tickets For Kids program
- Teamed up with the San Diego Gulls and Valley View Casino on recycling initiatives
- Hosted the MCRD Jr. Sockers Soccer League for over 500 youth
- Honored First Responders and Military members at our games